2019 Habitat Marketing VISTA
- (Summary) Help us provide families with stability, shelter, and self-reliance. Our Marketing VISTAs will make an impact by updating and executing a marketing plan addressing traditional and online channels.
- (Program Description) Established in 1976, Habitat for Humanity operates in 1,400 communities across the United States and in 70 countries around the world. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live: we bring people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Established in 1998, Chicagoland Habitat for Humanity is a support organization for eight Habitat affiliates located in Cook, Lake, McHenry, Kane, DuPage, and Will counties. We manage regional initiatives that increase revenue and reduce costs. Our goals are to raise awareness, grow capacity, and serve more families.
Marketing VISTAs will live near and serve at one of our eight affiliate locations. VISTAs will work with staff to update and execute a marketing plan that embraces a multichannel strategy across traditional and online platforms. VISTAs will publicize major events, connect with sponsors, promote home ownership, connect ReStore and affiliate marketing efforts, and help affiliates gain exposure through local and regional media.
We seek technology savvy college graduates who are adept in all forms of communication. We need organized team players who have the ambition to move our marketing program from good to great. We provide training and guidance; you provide energy and ingenuity; and together we will strengthen our affiliates and increase their capacity.
VISTAs will learn that focused efforts can have a wide impact. Chicago has a reputation for sultry summers and challenging winters but working for Habitat will open your hearts and minds to the joys of helping families in need. VISTAs at our various locations will connect with each other regularly, visit the different sites, and attend regional trainings and events.
VISTAs will serve a full year starting in August or September. We will try to place VISTAs in their preferred county, but we have just one position at each affiliate office.
For more information, visit our website or email our recruiter.
- (Member Duties) VISTAs will have three objectives.
- Work with affiliate staff to update, execute, and measure the marketing plan. VISTAs will publicize major events; connect with sponsors; promote home ownership and repair; and update print materials.
- Update and implement aggressive social media and website policies and plans to reflect the above. Research how other affiliates use key platforms and incorporate resources from HFHI. Measure all communications for effectiveness, increase in participation, and funds raised.
- Work with affiliate staff to contact local news outlets; identify their interests; create press release templates; and disseminate stories. Research how other affiliates and non-profits use media to gain exposure and make recommendations to the marketing manager.
Throughout the process, VISTAs will draw on the knowledge and expertise of marketing professionals at Chicagoland Habitat for Humanity and share success stories with VISTAs at other affiliate locations.