The ReStore is a retail operation that sells donated building materials, furniture, appliances, and similar items at discounted prices to support the Habitat for Humanity Chicago South Suburbs (HFHCSS) mission to build homes, communities and hope. Reporting to the Restore Manager, this position is responsible for a variety of tasks at the ReStore.
This is a full-time, 35-40 hour per week position and is eligible for Paid Time Off and Health Insurance Subsidy. Working hours range from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday through Saturday. The ReStore is in Chicago Heights, Illinois 30 miles south of downtown Chicago and 10 miles west of the Indiana State border. The driver works under the direct supervision of the ReStore Manager, who reports to the Executive Director and Affiliate Board of Directors.
- Drives agency vehicles on daily donation pickups.
- Promotes positive and professional attitude when picking up donations.
- Safely removes donated items from donor’s homes or place of business.
- Unloads truck and safely places items in warehouse.
- Monitors fluid levels and reports to management any vehicle issues that need attention.
- Ensures that vehicle always has proper insurance, registration, and other documentation.
- Maintains a clean vehicle and adheres to all applicable vehicle safety laws.
- Ensures that vehicle(s) are ready for pickups daily.
- Prepares daily reports of pickups, mileage, and vehicle conditions.
· Individual will be working in the field most of the time.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to lift and move heavy objects including windows, doors, furniture and household appliances.
- Drives vehicle safely at all time and maintains a good driving record.
- Reports any missed pickups, customer concerns, or other issues to management immediately.
- Provide support to ReStore Manager as needed.
Requirements, Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid Illinois Driver’s License, and a good driving record.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check consistent with the agency policy.
- Customer services skills are necessary.
- Must be in good health with the physical ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Good interpersonal skills, dealing well with a variety of people, personalities and backgrounds.
708-756-2015 180 W. Joe Orr Road – Chicago Heights